Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tabbing Repairs

It seems that when these boats were built, they skipped on the prep work when installing the tabbing (Fiberglass tape) used to secure the bulkhead and steering fixture.  I know that another boat, every bit of tabbing had to be replaced.  I just removed a few sections that had broken free and found they did not even clean the area prior to tabbing it in.  My problem areas were in the lower sections where dirt and debris were most likely to collect.

In any event I'll post pictures of those soon.

I also spent a day grinding/prepping the area where I'm installing a collision cofferdam, auto pilot mount, and did not like the tabbing  for the steering mount.  I decided to reinforce that some as well.  Here is an "After"  picture of the area I repaired.

You can see I prepped a much bigger area than I actually needed to.   I wanted to be sure I had a good bond for this repair and the next phase, which is installing the lower half of the bulkhead.





No comments: