Friday, July 12, 2013

Progress on the interior

These are a few photos of the new wall panel Herreshoff style interior--white panels with teak trim.  This provides a brighter interior.  These panels suffered some subdued spotting as it rained after I sprayed them. I will be touching them up as I repaint other parts if the interior before the teak trim goes on.

Looking forward. 

Looking aft. 


The yard is clearing out. Space to take a photo and size up repainting the topsides. 

I cut a small piece of plywood for the bilge.  I precut a drain hole and a portion of the exhaust port. 

Then I tabbed it in on both sides.  I'll be cutting the holes out and glassing in the fiberglass tubes next.  After that I will tab in the upper half of the bulkhead apply a filler on the bevel and several more layers of roving on this the forward side to make it very strong.  

I  located a tank welder to fabricate a new fuel tank, which is the last step for this task.


Now for the good news.  My friend Ron came over with the starboard settee.  After trimming and fitting the supports I ground the hull to smooth it out and prep it for tabbing. Then I tabbed it in!  I didn't waste any time as I plan to prep it for priming and painting.  I'll have to bolt in the water heater soon and make a few minor plumbing changes. 

While I cleaned the boat from one end to the other it needs it again.


Finally, I drilled the bolt hole for auto-pilot tiller arm, but my drill bit was a few inches short so I'll need a longer drill bit to finish it up. 
  

No comments: