Monday, August 26, 2013

Auto-Pilot Tiller Arm

A few quick photos of my autopilot tiller arm being bored out. I will test fit it in a few days.

This bronze alloy was tough stuff and damaged the bit used to bore the second hole. Both mine bit and again at my friend Carls machine shop. 



The second hole is for the Clevis Pin, collar and cotter pin that connect this to the auto-pilot ram.   I am debating cutting the extra length off the tiller arm. First I will see how it works and if the extra length interferes with the rudder stop cables.

Two pieces of plate stainless steel that will become my aft winches adapter plates came in.  I need to bring over the old and new winches for the bolt pattern on these winches. 

Tomorrow is a rainy day. I will be tiling a friends bathroom and most likely will take a day off from the boat. 




No comments: